Neos?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fredkolman 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Routb3d
    Participant

Hi guys,

I just wanted to see if Neos is still in development. It’s been a while since we have seen an update.

fredkolman
    Participant

I’VE been here every now and again for the last so many weeks to check
    but to no avail. It felt a bit lonely. Nice to find another soul seeking 🙋
    They are probably enjoying a looong (deserved) vacation.

Karel
    Keymaster

No vacation for us, will be releasing the biggest update yet in just a little while. Much more user friendly. Thank you for your patience 🙂

Routb3d
    Participant

This is exciting news! Any sneak peek of the new Neos?

I hope to see a UI that keeps the tools at hand. Whatever it is, I believe hat Neos is bound to be a supremely powerful platform.

I would mind seeing a teaser, which I would take to tease the Reddit community.

Thanks for Neos guys!!

Isaiah

fredkolman
    Participant

Hi Karel
    thanks for all your efforts I love the projects you do with Thomas.

I wonder if you can help me with this problem;
    whenever I try to log into Neos in VR (HTC Vive)
    I get a red warning text stating email not verified!

However I use the same email and password i’m using to log into this forum.

This has been the case for a few months now. I was hoping to see it solved
    with the last update but it didn’t. Probably a bit that fell over in your database😉

Cheers, Fred Kolman

Frooxius
    Keymaster

Hello fredkolman,

Did you receive an email when you registered your account in Neos? It should contain a link, which will verify your email and let you log in within Neos. Check for an email with subject “Verify your NeosVR account”, maybe it went into your spam folder.

fredkolman
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

fredkolman
    Participant

Frooxius
    Keymaster

Hello Fred,

I see. I’ll be adding ability to resend the verification email in later versions, right now it’s a bit minimal, but for now I’ve manually set your Neos account as verified, you should be able to log in. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Also thank you so much for talking about Neos! We really appreciate it when early adopters help spread the word. I’m curious what will they have to say.

Frooxius

fredkolman
    Participant

Hello Tomáš,

Thank you for setting up the registration manualy.
    I was able to log in however the session I was running crashed.
    (I was importing an odd .Obj file through the new filing system.)
    After the crash I restarted but now the ’email not verified’ warning came back on.

Regards Fred

Frooxius
    Keymaster

Hello Fred,

That’s extremely bizarre error, the email verification is done at the server side, Neos only shows whatever error message the server returns, so local crashing should have absolutely no effect on that. I checked the database and your account has still the email address verified.

Are you sure that you’re using the exactly same account? Could you try logging in on another machine? Or delete/rename the Neos data folder and try with an empty one to see if that resolves the issue?

The folder is C:\Users\\AppData\LocalLow\Solirax\NeosVR

Thanks for your patience.

fredkolman
    Participant

Frooxius
    Keymaster

Hello Fred,

Thanks for the information. I forgot to mention, the forums and Neos accounts are totally separate, they have no effect on each other. We plan to unify them later, but that’s a lot of extra work that’s not a priority right now.

I have taken another look at your database entry and I’ve noticed I forgot to remove the verification token, which the back-end disliked and considered the account unverified. Sorry for that!

It should all work now. You need to use the password you registered with however.

Best
    Frooxius

fredkolman
    Participant

YeeAHH!

I’m in!

Really happy now!

I like my new yellow home 🙂

Thanks Froox i will start building soon..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.